Robin Quest 3: The sugar gem heist Robin Quest 3: The sugar gem heist

This user is one of the best publishers I've seen on this site in a long while. Just the depths gone to take simple path branching storytelling with minimal to no narrative and present it in a way that not only can reach any language, but still convey an underlying message. These are simply much more than smut. They cross the border into legitimate art and at a tidy fashion to that.

While I prefer the raid series over the quest series, I do feel like it's a wonderful cue for those who want to play something a bit quicker and for the author to put something out there more post-haste and if the event happens where the well dehydrates a bit, these might be able to easily be transferable into a raid game. Not sure the specs or the back end of things, but making these resources alone is a stepping stone to the untapped potential that we ourselves may have.

This game has what the predecessors had and more, or less. What I like about it is that not everyone commenting has the whole picture, and what is seen is varied. For instance if I hadn't replayed it, I wouldn't have seen the UP path, which is probably my favorite story animated sequence in the whole thing. As a series I'd put it second to the part in Raid 2 where you get reunited with the captain. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, you're lucky because you get to experience that in Robin Raid 2 for the first time. I could only relive it again, but the details in that scene never get old.

While I saw a spoiler of some of the fight sequences in a lootube video, I don't think they hindered the experience at all. I feel like all the animations / sequences could be ordered in any way and would still tell a somewhat logical story, and that's why I'd probably stand in favor of the Raids. They allow you to pretty much retell the story in any order you want and you never really know if you are going anywhere in the plot until a key shows up in the corner.

I pretty much see this as a whole body of work, a dlc if you will. I don't necessarily see a major spike in content getting better, but that might just be because I never saw any issues with the beginning content and have been clicking every time I see a new anything show up on here. Maybe if I contrasted it with the first one I'd feel different, but yeah, this stuff's been top notch since the first time I saw it and it would take a lot for that to be diminished. I think the big difference is the concept that the stuff put out here by the tophat-toting individual is for the most part a finished product and that's cool too.

I'd recommend dropping a look at the patreon page if you're into the whole supporting the entertainment you consume or if you want to see more of it via https://www.patreon.com/azrealfreeman

AzrealFreeman responds:

Good lord , that review legitimately moved me. Shit like this is why I was awake until 4am spending 2 hours on something that could have taken 30 minutes. Because I care to deeply about my fan base. If I draw half as well as other directors, then so be it, I'll try 5 times as hard. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this inspiring review

Sex Kitten WATTT (why are there teeth there?!) Sex Kitten WATTT (why are there teeth there?!)

When you find yourself on "the other side of the internet" and don't know where to go, all signs say you should end up here:

This game is a major step up from the prior entries to this one. It's kind of a cross between the current now world and the before times. Most relic related games rely on the simple pixel gimmick to give you the remember when feeling, but this series while it's aged over the years still gives a feeling of being relevant and on top of the R&D. I haven't played them all but rather enjoy what I've seen in the dozens I have checked out.

It's similar to the Hell entry in that it's longer than it seems with multiple areas and a lot of backtracking, but backtracking isn't the chore. The chore is in finding out where you are and who you are. In the right set of mind, this game goes beyond any other experience, especially in a less than 7 megabyte file. I have spent hours just trying to find out what to do and was able to get through it with 2.5 endings. I'm sure there's more. There's always more.

Regarding the story, I always felt like in the series the dialogue was thrown at you and the narrative took a direct approach from point a to point b, but as entries went on sentience and its approach increased each time. This one has a peak somewhere in it that I haven't seen in prior entries or even most games as a whole. This entry didn't go out of its way to be over the top or induce shock-reaction but pretty much acted as a pivot between sanity and surrealism. It is a message of what I've been missing in this existence and what I've overlooked just by being alive.

I really felt immersed into the world brought together by a cross between low res and hi res backdrops in this PAC interface. The contrast with the images in the foreground and the animated overlay are astounding. I sometimes felt like the eye was looking at me, following me or my cursor, or had some AI of its own. That's probably not the case, but I felt it.

My favorite character was the first shopkeeper. I liked that you could not only just buy stuff and get a custom hello and goodbye message, but talk to the shopkeeper and it was different each time, like you came back and the passage of time changed. This was also in effect when you visited home and the way time worked was elaborated when you were able to offer the last character what he/she wanted near the end. What I got out of this was way beyond my expectations and I can't find the space in here to ask for much more.

Bottom line: overexposure of emotions and wanderlust in the form of a flash file. The 2010 debate on whether or not video games are considered an art can be squashed by this one submission alone. I hope in time this comment gets buried by other comments with the opinion of others so I can look over them and find out if anyone else saw what I saw in this. Thank you for everything and showing me it. I might not remember every detail about this in the future but in this present time, it means more than a lot to me. It means enough to know that I am privileged to see what I've seen today, here. Thank you again.

Sprite Movie Boot Camp Sprite Movie Boot Camp

Nice opening screenshot.. it's really thorough like scarecrows. This is the type of in depth detail we could use for all sorts of mediums, but hey, flash is a pretty good start. I ought to find an old copy and try to use the multiple desktops and draw along.

I like the animations and the production and presentation of it all the way through. And the thoroughness to explain to you that it's important to label your custom symbols as fishguy is a good touch. I really like fishguy. He probably needs his own adventure at this point. Sort of like becomes a staple to us regular aquarium people and what we strive to be. Keep up the good work as always.

YomToxic responds:

I'll send you the fla. Happy building!

It Came From Outer Space It Came From Outer Space

That has to be one of the swankiest menus I've seen in a long time. This one's a favorite. I think the overall look/feel of it is actually better than the actual game part, but there's a lot going on here and I wouldn't know where to begin. I find myself just listening to the music sometimes and once in a while clicking up and down on the menu so i can see him pointing the gun up and down lol. Mad props to the musician, well the whole team. This came out as something very special and will probably be hard to top down the line. Thanks for sticking with it and coming out with a solid composition as a whole.

Free Fall Fred Free Fall Fred

I kinda like this one. I was surprised by it being fun for whatever reason since there's two of you that thought this up. I like the sound effects too.

I would prefer a soundtrack that didn't restart since it's so catchy and it's probably what's taking the most of the disk space.. If it looped I'd give it full-on simply for that and going the Luigi approach of winning by not doing anything. Like there's no way to pause it that I'm aware of or going back to the title so as of writing this I'm by proxy still playing this even if I don't see it. Maybe that's intentional. It's a good early composition as a whole though.

Solid work though both of you. Congrats.

Super Dance Force Super Dance Force

WOW, this game is just simply fun! The animation's silky smooth and everything is unexpected.. I did not pop in here thinking I was gonna enjoy it so much. Seriously, congratulations!

Kvantpant responds:

Great, good to know it is enjoyable! Its actually a very fast test made to test out rhythm based gameplay I always wanted, so this could turn in to something more awesome!

ghost desert ghost desert

Nice first game. I like the part with the spoiler and the spoiler. This is a voice of the generations. I like the wording. The trip isn't going to be easy but I hope it makes it. Sort of a coming of age with nice effects and blinks. Well sorted, well arranged. Don't let this detour you from destiny and keep moving forward. Good luck. gg

Nuuup responds:

Hey bcunderscore ! Thanks for the review !

Decorate ur Xristmas Tree Decorate ur Xristmas Tree

Previously undiscovered by me, a true classic. posted on time for western Christmas. Top notch work. Development like this is what gets the flow going.. Congratulations. I don't know who else sees it, but this is a work of art! I'm feelin it, and like decorating my tree.

Ingrid Ingliš Ingrid Ingliš

I think there's something here. This is a wonderful work of art and you learn a lot on how to teach literacy to others when playing this. A bunch of people might be missing the whole point here and that's why there's kind of a low rating, but that's the demerit of the players, not the author. This is a work of art with what looks like an oldschool windows 98-looking background. I feel like I'm right at home and teaching english with great precision looking at this. What great work you've done and what great performance you've provided everyone.

grgicfran responds:

Thank you for a nice comment! I hope that other people will understand what you understood.
You should also read my comment for the game. You will maybe see even more clearly why I made this game. :)
Thanks!

Coping Coping

This hits close to home in that you've made such simple things as anti dynamic to which they profound absolute results to us. The mere fact it's simplistic and without directions is a dispersant. It made me restraint an initial writeup. Thinking about it, that might be one of the perks as this.

It has gotta be a tough subject matter to cross, but it's done as.. well, as best as possible you could conjure up at the moment. I'd say elegant, but I don't know what scenario I could possess to make it more or less than that word, I think it just represents itself as is. I think the concept is at first you have no idea what's going on, that you're just kinda mazing through in a blind rage, not sure even if your decisions have the slightest of impact, just quizzically bouncing off the walls collaborating with the morbid subject of death itself, knowing that the door knocks to us all.

I think with a different track it might suit me more, but the transition to darkness wouldn't quite hit if it was any different... for those who can't grasp the controls in the decision... it's direction plus space, and it feels like no impact is made whatsoever, but... in time you'll decide that.. there is an impact. It effects everythings.

Contradicting, manifesting, it's like the question of ingestion just giving us a lesson learned infection, never expected, culturally dialected. The seeds in our heart procure us to just that, and there's a lesson here, somewhere, but it isn't represented here. I can't describe it, you can't describe it back to me.. It just kind of ... is understandable without the words..

You don't need to think deep within your soul to find it, it's kinda just right there, but describing it or liking it is one of the harder things to do because of well the subject matter, vague or not, is defined within us all, or not defined at all because the time is not right.

I have not much here to say but thanks for sharing, I don't quite understand it but at the same time that's the concept is that of maybe I do, maybe too much. It's one of those things where you don't really want to say you do. But yeah, give it a spin and try it for yourself, and yeah, take care. That's all I've got. But hey, I hope you've got more. If there is, I'd like to see it, either more of this topic or anything else. Keep it up. I'm listening.